05 April 2011

Day 2: The Power of Mind


My maid at home has been married for more than ten years. She has not being given any children yet. She’s constantly hurt by people asking her if she ever get any child. Background information, it is pretty common in Asia, once you get married, people will start asking you if you’re pregnant already. In most cases, people who have been married for years find this question rather insulting – which I am fully agreed with them.

My maid is a very lively lady who always response things hurting her with jokes, though I know, this children thing is killing her inside. With a big smile on her face, she accepted my suggestion that children are not that important in marriage with her own wisdom, “But then your marriage will not be completed without them.” I often argued back though she always sticks with her opinion.

It’s been two and a half month she did not get her period. Knowing her since I was a child, including her period pattern, my family and I assumed she was pregnant. Off course she also had other symptom, like morning sickness, feeling weak, tired all the time, you named it since I haven’t been pregnant myself. So yeah… not being confirmed by anyone, our house was fully agreed that she’s pregnant. Just to be sure, we asked her to take pregnancy test and even create an early-retirement plan just in case she’s actually pregnant.

Turn out the result’s negative. Yet the symptom continues. Being all positive, she showed me the pregnancy test result and said “maybe because it’s cheap it’s being inaccurate” or “look there’s a shadow of a second line, maybe it’s not strong enough.”

Skeptically, I just said “Maybe you’re heading toward your menopause?” She’s just 30. Evil me.

Yesterday, the symptoms were getting worse. She was totally nauseated she practically throw up the whole morning (she told me, I wasn’t even notice). Doctor, we’re so coming! So she went to the doctor with her hubby, took another pregnancy test – which result was negative as well, and being checked for women health related issues. All showed negative and her condition was totally perfect. Except maybe for the fact that she’s feeling something is off. The doctor gave her hormone pills and a little cup for her husband to fill with – you know, that thing – which I regret why on earth that I she had to tell me every single detail behind it.

Then comes today. The day when she found out she was not menopause (she was so glad), but she was not pregnant either. Doctor miracle works! She’s having her period. So she started to question herself and me that were with her during the whole situation and being used as an expert opinion.

What had happen to her?
Why on earth did she think and absolutely feel like she was pregnant?

Facing it with a big smile… I know she’s absolutely hurt inside.

By the time I decided to write something, I remember that once I read about expressing your feeling to the extreme, your body will start to adjust to your mind. True I read it in a manga about a sea lion or something feels like she was pregnant while in fact her cell mate was. She just shares the feeling.

I thought maybe this is what actually happened to my dear maid. She wants to get pregnant so bad. People started telling her she was. She starting to feel she was. While in reality, she is not pregnant. She just feels that way. That another proof of how strong and powerful our mind really is. We could actually influence our body, our behavior, everything just by thinking that we were something else.

Which brought me to this idea, if I feel being skinny and losing weight, will I really stop eating and become skinny? Let’s just call it the power of mind diet and see if it’s really working. Maybe I could write a diet book and become billionaire just like Richard Branson? Why not!

PS: I know you won't understand any word I wrote in this blog, but I will always support you :)

1 comments:

inez-RaBz said...

NO WAAAYYYY.. by thinking you're skinny and already losing weight, you'll only eat more and become more FAAATT.. [seriously, I've through that. :P]

Post a Comment