07 April 2011

Day 3: Hypocrite


Human are actually similar to animal in term of behavior. There are patterns that can be generated if observed thoroughly.  These patterns are applicable to all, borderless. Some patterns could even be found in animal. Love, for example, is the human language for sex in animal kingdom. “I love you. Let’s have sex!” is probably similar to “I bite you. Let’s have sex!” among some species in shark. Yet, since human tend to think they have higher caste than animal, sex-love argument is often being used as thing-that-makes-us-different-than-animal. This argument was also being used by the missionaries when they invaded Latin-America. They were the one who taught the local that the only sex position acceptable before God’s eyes was missionary position and that this style was the one differentiate human and non-human. I bet they did doggy style back then. Oh... and do you know that bat also perform fellatio? Dolphin enjoys sex? Maybe I should do deeper research on the topic. :D

The introduction has nothing to do actually with what I want to write. I just got drifted away. Sorry. Nonetheless, the behavior pattern I would like to write tonight is about being a hypocrite. According to Miriam-Webster dictionary, a hypocrite is a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

I am human. I made tons of mistakes my whole life. Huge one, small one, white lies, black lies, yellow lies, you get my point. One thing that I really am appreciated is when people being brave by acknowledging their feeling. 

There was this blackout in the afternoon. Very short, only five second each. But it happened again and again. I got a little bit touchy since my laptop crashed every time it happened.  I went to protest and being told to shut up and use my anger to do something useful instead of complaining things.
Um… yes. Got that!

I didn’t even THAT mad in the first place. I just want to say something just to let my emotion go. But it’s cool. I sat down quietly, being the sweetest girl in the world.

One minute later, the lady who told me to STFU, started to complain. Sitting there in the dark, doing absolutely nothing, I decided to see how long she’s going to complain. It turned out to be the whole hour. I didn’t even care to protest. I was amazed and puzzled. Why on earth she told me to be quiet while she opened her mouth for more than an hour.

I just thought that if each of us has a little mirror that shows things we said and things we did, maybe the number of hypocrite will be less in the world. But then again, maybe I did something like that in the past. Who knows? I’m just human after all…

0 comments:

Post a Comment