12 April 2011

Day 6: Picture Part 3

De Meisje
 If you go to Volendam, there are at least two shops that offer to dress you up in Dutch traditional costumes and take a picture of you. I paid around 20 euro to get one printed copy of my picture and a CD with pictures in it. So... this is mine. Pretty cute, isn't it? :P

Christmas Dinner
I have no idea why I chose to put this picture. But this picture was taken in an Ethiopian restaurant in Utrecht. My first Christmas far away from my family. That was also my first time eating Ethiopian food. And it was good! A bit pricey, but good! So... for anyone looking for a nice Ethiopian restaurant in Utrecht, this restaurant is located around Pathe oudegracht. Do look for it as they have a nice banana beer!

Oudegracht
Lay at the center of Utrecht, I remember Oudegracht as a chain of small rivers scatter around the center of Utrecht (my Dutch sucks, but I think Oudegracht means Old Canal or something like that). I remember the time when I felt down, homesick and such, I always took a stroll around this lovely canal just to calm myself down. One of the place in Holland that I miss the most.

Dom Tower
 The tower from Oude Kerk in Utrecht. I often used it as a direction sign every time I got lost in town. My friend love this tower so much. He was mad at me because I couldn't find a way for him to climb the tower. This picture was taken by him.

Somewhere in Holland
 Seriously, I can't remember the place where I took the picture, but I think it's in Amsterdam during a windy and foggy day. Yes. That's my gift of remembering little detail but forget the important matters.

Madurodams
Pictures below were taken in Madurodam. Madurodam is an interesting place located in Den Haag (the Hague) where you could find the miniature of Holland. It was a cute little (big) theme park. More information could be found in madurodam.




***

0 comments:

Post a Comment